Happy Holidays from School Bell: 10 suggestions for Winter Break2
December 14, 2015 by HCDE Communications
Teachers are givers by nature so don’t forget to spend time on yourself this holiday season. Here are some ideas to relieve stress and relax. In the meantime, have a great holiday break. We’ll see you on January 4!
- Take a book to the park and read for an hour or people-watch.
- Write a list of 10 movies you want to watch and don’t miss one of them.
- Tap a nap a least once a day.
- Call up an old friend and meet for lunch.
- Spend time at a local museum you haven’t visited for awhile.
- Get a massage.
- Start the hobby you’ve always yearned for: jewelry-making, guitar lessons, etc.
- Buy a planner for the new year and tentative plan your spring and summer vacations, marking the dates in red.
- Buy a gym membership–yes exercise can be relaxing.
- Think of your future and write down 3 things that you want to change or impact.
About the blogger:
Harris County Department of Education’s Communication team helps promote the efforts of HCDE’s programs and services to the education community. Our close-knit, award-winning team works together on creative strategies to effectively support the organization. We’re always looking to share great stories and on occasion contribute to the HCDE blog, School Bell.
Let us know what interests you! Send us your questions and suggestions on future blog topics at email@example.com. And don’t forget to follow us!
These are all great suggestions. It is important to look after yourself. Enjoy the holiday!
Thanks Norah! Hope you got to enjoy some of these during the holidays. Welcome back!